Menu

Monday, May 12, 2014

Very Wicked Things - Ilsa Madden-Mills




Born on the poor side of town…

Ballerina Dovey Beckham is a scholarship student at Briarcrest Academy, determined to prove she’s more than just a girl with the wrong pedigree. She does whatever it takes to succeed in her endgame, even if it means surrendering her body…but never her heart. 

Until the day she meets him, and he rips apart all her well-laid plans. Suddenly, the girl everyone thought unbreakable might just shatter.

Born into wealth and privilege…

Cuba “Hollywood” Hudson is rich, spoiled, and a star football player. With his fast cars and superficial girlfriends, he lives the high-life, hiding his secrets from the world.

Until the day he meets her, and she offers him something he’s never tasted…love.

But once in a lifetime kind of love doesn’t come easy. When trust crumbles and doubts creep in, both will have to decide to either love or let go…forever.

Welcome to Briarcrest Academy, where sometimes, only the wicked survive.






Book Gifted by the Author for honest opinion 
Since I finished Very Bad Things I couldn’t wait to read either about Sebastian or Cuba, I was very exited to know more about either of them, when I found it was Cuba I got really really excited cause I really wanted to know who is this sexy guy.
When I received the book I was screaming and going all excited and immediately start reading it, to say that Ilsa blew my mind is not compared to what I felt reading this book, once again she emotions toward a book, and when you go through the dames feelings as the character, it means that it is one hell of a book.






Cuba and Dovey are two characters with a very hard past, both having struggle growing up and making them insecure and misunderstood. The moment I read Cuba the first thing you think is YES a bad boy, a sexy bad bad boy, I LOVE HIM, which is not bad, but when you know HIM, I mean the sensitive insecure Cuba, you will just care for him, you will want to hug him and cry with him and tell him how much he deserves LOVE.




Now Dovey, Dovey little bear, cupcake, cutiething, reading her childhood got me all sad and bipolar, cause I smile sometimes with the stuff she did but then cry reading how hard her growing up with a woman who was in the wrong place and an abusive father (son of a b*tch!)
FEELS BABY FEELS EVERYWHERE!



Now putting this two people together, I think they are just meant to be together, is not the fact that they are broken inside, is that BECAUSE they are broken I think they are perfect for each other to fix their broken heart, and what I love about this two guys is that they just didn’t learn to love each other, the first learn to love their self, they learn to leave the past behind, learn from it and then they became what they are now. That made this couple just wonderful.

‘‘I know deep inside you, you still want to have hope. Because living without love is a terrible thing''

Now this book is gonna have a lot of stuffs that will make you go WTF with some characters.



But I know for sure you will love it, and love CUBA! and love Dovey and their story, I give this book 5 stars, congratulation on such an amazing story and I am glad of the fact that this author will donate to the Keith Milano Memorial Fund.


‘’Love and pain. You can’t have one without the other.''




Ilsa Madden-Mills writes about strong heroines and sexy alpha males that sometimes you just want to slap.

She spends her days with two small kids, a neurotic cat, and her Viking husband. She collects magnets and rarely cooks except to bake her own pretzels. 

When she’s not typing away at a story, you can find her drinking too much Diet Coke, jamming out to Pink, or checking on her carefully maintained chocolate stash.

She loves to hear from fans and fellow authors. Drop her a line on the contact page.


Website: ilsamaddenmills
Facebook: AuthorIlsaMaddenMills
Youtube: IlsaMaddenMills
Twitter: @ilsamaddenmills
Pinterest: IlsaMaddenMills



  








No comments:

Post a Comment