Menu

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dear Emily - Trudy Stiles


Two women. Carly and Tabitha. They each have suffered life-altering events that have left them both traumatically damaged. 


Carly Sloan’s life was perfect until her security and innocence was torn from her. The vast repercussions from horrific events threaten to destroy her stability and her chances for a happily ever after. Kyle Finnegan comes into Carly’s life at the height of her turmoil. Can he help her find what she desires most?

Tabitha Fletcher has constantly suffered from a very young age. She has been hiding from her past, which was full of sadness, loss and abuse. She has been so brutally damaged that she has very little hope for redemption. The revolving door of men only leads her deeper into misery. 

What circumstance brings these two women together and can they help each other heal? And will they each find what they need? 

Redemption.
Love.
Family.

“Dear Emily” is the first book in the “Forever Family” series.

This book is not suitable for young readers. It is intended for mature adults only (18+). It contains strong language, adult/sexual situations, non-consensual sex and some violence.

**Teaser - Unedited and subject to change**
Copyright Trudy Stiles 2013


Dear Emily,

How do I start off a letter to a child I have yet to meet?

A child that has always been in our hearts? 

A child that is meant for our family?

Your Daddy and I cannot wait for the moment we are able to hold you in our arms for the first time. To lay our eyes on your perfect face, eyes, toes. To breathe in the essence of a new baby, swirling scents of powder and linen.

We cannot wait to feel your beating heart against our chests and to listen to your slow and steady breaths. To hear your soft baby noises. To soothe your crying. 

We have always dreamed of you, Emily. We’ve dreamed that someday our family would be blessed with a child. We are so close. Our new family is within reach. 

We are here hoping, waiting, praying. 

Love and kisses,

Momma


My eyes are glistening with tears as I scrawl my signature at the bottom of the letter, touch my fingers to my lips, press them onto her name and close my journal. I look over to my left where Kyle is softly snoring, sleeping soundly. I mouth the words “I love you” to him, touch his back lightly, put my journal in my night table drawer and turn out the soft light by my bedside. I curl my body into his, tuck my head into his chest and hold on tight.

I love this man with all that I am and I love the father that he is going to be.

My heart is full of hope.






I don’t even know where to start, I don’t think I will even make this review long, I don’t even highlight a quote for a teaser because this book is mind-blowing.
First of all thank you so so much for this book, it was touching because I myself am adopted and reading two points of view was hard yet beautiful on this book.
I cried the entire book because it was so so emotional. I have never felt so connected to book like I do with this book, I feel like I understand more about this topic.

Tabitha and Carly are the strongest girls I have ever read, going through a hard moment it so, wow, just wow. As you can see I don’t even have words. This might be the lamest review I have ever made because this book made me speechless.

If you want to know about adoption, two POV of the mom to be and the actual mom. This is your book, I can’t wait to put my hands on the second book and see what will happen. 
I really LOVE this book, with my heart, I will keep this book forever in my heart and mind. 

If you are adopted like me I recommend this to you, it will help you close a door that might don’t even know you have open.

5 stars, thank you thank you for writing it. THANK YOU!


I'm a Romance and New Adult author, avid reader, mom and wife. My first book "Dear Emily" is available now. "Dear Tabitha" will be available early Spring 2014.


Trudy Stiles is a pen name that some of my very close friends will understand and get a kick out of! 

I've always been an avid reader and frequently escape into the fictional worlds of the many characters that I've come to love. Well now I have some fictional characters in my head dying to get out! 

The first story is called "Dear Emily" and will begin the "Forever Family" series. How many stories there are is yet to be determined. Be sure to keep visiting my page/blog for updates, giveaways and more!

   







No comments:

Post a Comment